In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Welcome to pearls to reach the stars. Pearls and stars are metaphors. The pearls are very precious, highly valued things and stars indicate a category of excellence. Thus,the aims of Pearls to Reach the Stars are to stimulate our inner feelings, our minds and arouse our spirit in order that our speech, actions and thoughts are reflected positively, optimistically and virtuously as true muslims who are close to God. The collection of some pearls of wisdom from various authentic and reliable sources to reach the stars like motivational quotes, inspirational phrases , poems, aesthetic expressions, for inner stimulation to become a worthy person. May God forgive us and place us in the group of people who have good intentions, who love and help each other for the sake of Him and may Allah place us in the group of As-habul Yamin on the Day of Judgment in the hereafter. Ameen.
Monday, September 14, 2009
- Entering into conversations : Imam Shafie -
There are four types of people in this world who enter a conversation/ discussion:
1. One who knows not, and himself knows he knows not, is a student. Teach that person.
2. One who knows, and others know he knows, is a teacher. Learn from that person.
3. One who knows, and himself knows not that he knows, is humble. Encourage him.
4. One who knows not, and himself knows not that he knows not, is stupid. Avoid that person. *
In any dialogue keep these in mind, and you shall be guided to productive discourses.
[* refers to a person who himself thinks he knows, but does not know that he does not know - usually due to arrogance mixed with ignorance.]